Are you interested in making a difference in your community? Come volunteer with us for the month of March and April 2023!
411 Seniors Centre requires Screeners to provide support to the free Income Tax Clinic by assessing the eligibility criteria of low-income seniors and people with disabilities.
The Income Tax Clinic will run from March 6 to April 27, 2023. Volunteers are asked to commit to the entire tax season. We ask that volunteers commit to at least one day a week, between Monday and Thursday, for the hours of 9:45 AM to 2:00 PM for March and April.
Attendance at a CVITP webinar and orientation in February (dates TBA) are mandatory.
- Good communication skills and an empathetic manner
- Reliable, organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work as part of a team with volunteers, clients and staff
- Knowledge of other language(s) is helpful
BENEFITS & RECOGNITION:
- Increased practical skills in assisting with income tax returns
- Gain experience working with older adults
- Reference letters for outstanding volunteers upon request
- Determine the eligibility of clients for the free income tax clinic
- Organize T4 slips and other forms as necessary
- Assist other tax volunteers as required
- Refer clients to Information and Referral Volunteers for additional assistance if needed
- Observe good ethical skills and maintain client confidentiality
- Follow policies and procedures for the 411 taxation clinic
- Filing and other various administrative duties
- Notify the Coordinator of planned absences
Hannah Shin, Clinic Coordinator at 604-684-8171 or firstname.lastname@example.org