Recipe by Jeannie Kamins
These Cauliflower, spiced-corn flake coated florets are baked making these an easy healthy alternative to chicken wings. They are great as an appetizer for the Super Bowl or even as a light meal. I make mine vegan, but you can even do this with chicken wings and butter… or a combo of both. Enjoy these tasty treats.
1. Preheat your oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl measure 1/2 Cup flour. In another bowl, mix together the 2T of ground flax and water. In a third bowl, Pulse in a food processor until broken down but still with some texture 4C of corn flakes, 1/2 t garlic powder, 1/2 ts smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Pour the corn flake mixture into a third bowl.
3. Rinse 1 head of cauliflower florets so they are wet. Take a handful at a time and drop them in the flour and toss to coat. Next drop them in the flax mixture and toss to coat. Finally, toss them in the corn flake mixture. Spread them out on the baking sheet so that they aren’t touching. Repeat with all of the florets until you have used up all of your ingredients.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and crusty, and the cauliflower is tender all the way through.
5. To make the buffalo sauce, mix melted vegan butter with a hot sauce of your choice. Serve the buffalo sauce on the side and dip as you go. You can also use a cream sauce if you prefer something cooler.