(By Jeannie Kamins) Moussaka is a favourite of mine and I like this one because it doesn’t use eggplant which my family doesn’t like. Feeds 6.
1/2 pound frozen chopped spinach.
4 large potatoes.
1 pound chopped meat or tempeh or setain.
2 medium onions, chopped.
1T chopped parsley.
1 med. tomato, chopped.
salt/pepper to taste.
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Squeeze out water from spinach and chop.
- Peel the Potatoes, cut into slices and parboil for 5 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- In a medium – sized bowl combine the meat with the spinach. Add the chopped vegetables, salt and pepper and cinnamon. Add 2 of the eggs and blend thoroughly.
- In a lightly greased casserole, arrange half of the potatoes in an even layer. add a layer of meat and top with a layer of potatoes.
- Beat the remaining eggs with a pinch of salt, cover the casserole bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake for another 30 minutes until the potatoes are browned and tender.