411 Seniors is looking for a Concierge volunteer who can help us with the day-to -day at the centre
- Uphold 411’s policies and organizational values
- Be familiar with the 411’s programs and activities
- Follow up 411 activities and programs constant updates
- Follow the duties and procedures outlined in the job description
- Opens the door to visitors.
- Greets visitors and ensure they get the help they require in a timely manner.
- Answers the phone, directs calls and take/record messages as needed.
- Checks voicemail and record the message in the log
- Registers Programs and events participants
- Is actively involved in the day- to -day activities at the centre
- Helps check-in members for their programs and directing them to the corresponding area.
- Membership sales, and issuing of membership cards
- Models and maintain healthy boundaries
- Helps staff with small administration tasks, when requested
Time of Commitment:
- A commitment of 4 hours per week is required.
9:00 AM to 12:30PM
12:30 to 3:30PM
- Must be 19 years of age or older, but preference given to those who are 55+ years old
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Calm and able to prioritize when faced with multiple demands at once
- Comfortable or willing to learn to use computers, adaptive technologies, and basic office equipment, such as a photocopier
- Familiar with or willingness to learn basic Microsoft Office, such as MS Word and Excel
- The opportunity to directly help and support clients, volunteers, and staff
- The opportunity to use existing skills and gain new ones
- The opportunity to access 411 programs, workshops, and events, such as holiday parties, volunteer appreciation lunch, etc.
- Free refreshments while on duty
- Meet new people and feel more connected to your community
- Be part of a supportive and positive volunteering environment
- Provide reference letter(s) upon request
Staff Support and Communication:
- Concierge Volunteers have access to ongoing staff support and resources throughout their volunteer term.
- Concierge volunteers will report to Senior Manager of Operations, and they will be available to problem-solve and share ideas around any challenges volunteers may experience.
- Information sharing about opportunities, volunteer workshops and events are sent out by email, with hard copies posted on the bulletin board
- We foster a safe environment and open communication to create a positive volunteer experience.
If you are interested please e mail Monica email@example.com